Emma and Darcy

Emma and Darcy
My new dogs

Sunday 3 April 2011

Mothering Sunday April 3rd 2011

Well did you get a treat? Breakfast in bed? A cup of tea/coffee? Nope - me neither :(
Well the only other being in my house was Honey and she couldn't manage to carry the mug upstairs with her pinned leg ;-)

I had an earlyish text from Jen who's in Salisbury with Helen and the horses - I'll be out tonight when she gets home. James came over for lunch - sausages and mash again *sigh* I had a fish pie with assorted green veg (fish pie reduced in Tesco to £1 on sell by date) Was lovely too. He brought me a chick flick DVD and a lovely card.
Just as I'd dished up James's lunch and halfway through serving mine, Craig arrived for a flying visit with a load of daffs and card :-) Daffodils are one of my favourite flowers.
I'd bought myself some Lily Longiflorum Monday, the smelly white ones with orange pollen that stains anything they touch. They are fully open now and look lovely on the window sill. They also make the room smell nice, instead of doggy! Now I have 2 vases of daffodils to go with them :-) Thank goodness no-one bought me chocolates, I'd only have eaten them!
I am having a bit of a treat tonight, going to see Chris While and Julie Matthews at Bournemouth Folk club. Two of my favourite artists. I'm picking up John early so we can get there and put out flyers before the hordes arrive.
It has been quite a nice afternoon after the dull grey morning. I am taking Honey walkies soon - I hope it's not too busy at the park today . I don't like it there at weekends, especially Sundays as there is often racing at the cycle track and cars parked all over the field. Honey doesn't like the noise from the tannoy at the track either, it must remind her of her dog racing days.
I was watching TV earlier, Avatar on one of the movie channels, and now there's some really gory horror movie on with people being killed, squashed, burnt, chopped up etc - bloody body parts everywhere! Nice afternoon movie for Mothering Sunday :-(

Hope you've had a good day and that you have a good week ahead.


 For those of you no longer have  a Mum to treat and spoil, a few words...

"You can shed tears that she is gone, or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back, or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her, or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of your yesterday.
You can remember her and only that she's gone, or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back, or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on."

~ David Harkins ~


My lovely Mum
1912-2004


 






No comments:

Post a Comment